There are a lot of things that I miss from Ohio, but when it comes to cooking there’s one that is almost driving me crazy, the tiny kitchen of the apartment I am sharing right now. Supposedly, it was just upgraded, and don’t get me wrong, the new cabinets and tile are gorgeous, but the person who planned the layout clearly is not a cook. It’s almost impossible to cook there, well, at least as much as I am used to cooking. And don’t even get me started with the “ecological” stove…
That’s why when I cook there I try to make very simple dishes that don’t require a lot of preparation of cooking. I decided that for more complicated dishes I will go to my parents’ house and use their kitchen. Besides, I’ve been cooking just for one, and that’s not a lot of fun, is it? Today I just prepared a very simple lunch that turned out to amazingly delicious. I will be making it for my parents soon to get the seal of approval. But I am sure they are going to love it.
- •1 small package of spaghetti, cooked
- •3 TBSP unsalted butter
- •1/4 onion, finely chopped
- •4 garlic cloves, minced
- •2/3 cup sour cream
- •1 or 2 chipotles adobados from a can
- •1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- •1 TBSP rosemary, chopped
- •1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- •salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over high heat. Add onion and sauté. Add garlic and sauté as well.
- Add sour cream and chipotle peppers and stir until it blends with the butter. Add rosemary.
- Reduce heat add ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until it melts and blends with the sauce.
- Add mushrooms, season to taste and let the sauce simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add the rest of the cheese. Stir constantly until it melts.
- You can either serve the pasta on a plate and pour some of the sauce on top or add the pasta to the sauce pan and toss it together to coat it with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
(15) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
August 12, 2011
July 14, 2008
June 27, 2011
September 06, 2008
March 31, 2011