A couple of posts back I wrote about my struggle with eating regular and healthy meals. Lunch is many times the meal that I skip or “forget” to eat more often. But like I mentioned on that post keeping them simple with fresh ingredients that are always available in my fridge and pantry has helped me get back in the right track. This lunch is another example of how easy and nutritious lunch can be to keep you going until dinner time.
- •1 TBSP olive oil
- •1/4 onion, chopped
- •1 garlic clove, minced
- •1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- •1 roma tomato, diced
- •1/4 cup shredded chicken breast (optional)
- •2 cups of cooked pinto beans plus some of the broth in which they were cooked*
- •diced queso fresco
- In a medium pot sautee onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add jalapeno and tomato and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and chicken breast and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with diced queso fresco.
*Read more about the benefits of beans and how to cook them here.
(6) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
April 11, 2012
April 22, 2010
May 01, 2009
July 17, 2008
August 07, 2009