- What's Cooking, Mexico? - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Poblano Lasagna Rolls
Posted By Ben On April 22, 2010 @ 2:24 pm In Main Dishes,Recipes | 25 Comments
Poblano lasagna rolls
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, cut in small cubes
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, cleaned and chopped
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano, Parmesan and asiago cheese mix
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian herbs to taste (oregano, basil, parsley, etc)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil on an skillet. Add the Italian sausage and cook until it starts to brown.
- Pour 1 cup of the tomato sauce and the cooked sausage in a baking dish and spread all over the bottom.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta cheese, poblano peppers, cheese mix, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Extend a lasagna noodle over a cutting board and spread about 1.5 – 2 TBSP of the cheese mixture in one half of the noodle.
- Roll carefully and place in the baking dish on top of the sauce and sausage. Repeat with the rest of the noodles.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top of the noodles and place the mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes before serving.
Article printed from What's Cooking, Mexico?: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/04/22/poblano-lasagna-rolls/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.