I have mentioned before that for me breakfast is the most important meal of the day because: 1) my parents always made me eat breakfast before school, even if that meant waking up at 5:00 am when my first class was at 7:00 am, and 2) the health benefits of starting your day with a delicious meal are many. However, there doesn’t seem to be as many ideas for breakfast as there are for lunches and dinners out there. That’s why I am always trying to come up with new things to make my breakfasts more exciting. Because, let’s face it, if your breakfast is not exciting, it is easier to skip it or opt for a less healthier option at the drive-thru or doughnut shop. Here I present to you these healthy and delicious bell peppers stuffed with Huevos con Chorizo.
- •1/2 lb Mexican chorizo
- •1/2 small onion, chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, minced
- •6 eggs
- •1/4 cup whole milk
- •1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- •handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- •3 bell peppers, tops cut and seeded
- •salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet until it starts to brown.
- Add onion and garlic and mix very well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add chorizo to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture in the bell peppers and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
(24) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
August 02, 2008
September 06, 2007
December 01, 2010
April 14, 2008
December 11, 2008