I am very proud with myself becuase I’ve lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Now I need to keep them off by eating light meals and keep working out. Summer is the perfect time of the year to do this. The markets and stores are now filled with fresh produce and my favorite fruit, mango, is available almost everywhere. That’s why I will be featuring a lot of mango recipes in the following weeks and months so brace yourselves, HA!
Yesterday, I had a salmon fillet that I wanted to eat for lunch with a salad, but I had no idea how to prepare it. So I asked my friends in twitter and facebook to give me some ideas. Their ideas helped me decide what to make for lunch. The flavors worked really well in this dish.
- •1 salmon fillet
- •zest of one lemon
- •juice of two lemons
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •1 TBSP butter
- •Romain lettuce leaves
- •1 mango, diced
- •1 avocado, diced
- •1 tomato, diced
- •1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- •1 TBSP olive oil
- Mix the juice of one lemon, lemon zest, pepper and salt and rub thouroughly over the salmon fillet.
- Heat a frying pan and add the butter. When it melts fry slightly the salmon. Let it cool for a little while.
- Mix mango, avocado, tomato and mint with the juice of the other lemon and olive oil.
- Serve the salmon over the lettuce leaves and the mango-avocado salad on the side.
The main reason to prepare this salad was to take another picture for the Food Photographers Club assignment. I really didn’t like the first salad I tried to style so I decided to give it another shot. I got the book Digital Food Photography by Lou Mana and I’ve been trying to put into practice some of the advice he gives about the topic. Although I liked this picture more than the first one, I think that the styling still could be improve. I talk more about this and some of the tips I’ve learned on the forum. Please visit and give me your opinion about the shot.