It’s been a while since the last time I posted a dessert on this blog and that’s because I haven’t been eating many lately. With speedo season rapidly approaching I need to make sure to be in excellent shape to wear my new swimsuit, LOL. Yeah, call me vain, but if I don’t take care of myself, nobody else is going to, right? :-p
Anyway, I an finally starting to see mangoes up here in Ohio and I couldn’t resist to buy some on my last trip to the store. I used most of them for my breakfast bombas and fruit salads but I really wanted to use one to experiment with a new flan flavor. The result was the beautiful flan you see in these pictures.
- •1 14oz can condensed milk
- •1 16oz can evaporated milk
- •1 large mango (click here for a post on how to cut a mango)
- •4 oz cream cheese
- •1 TBSP vanilla extract
- •4 eggs
- •1/2 cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Slightly heat a 10″ round baking pan and pour honey. Swirl the pan to cover sides and bottom with the honey.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour into the pan.
- Pour about 1″ of water into a larger pan, 11 or 12″, and put the smaller one into it (bain marie). Cover with foil aluminum paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Put the baking pan on a wire rack and let it cool for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmolding.
- To unmold, put a plate on top of the pan facing down and flip the pan over and slide it off.
- Flans are some of my favorite desserts to make because they are fast and easy to make and delicious treats. Mango and honey were a great combination for this one and I don’t think there’s anything I’d change.
I am sending this entry to the following events. Please click on the badges to learn more:
This week’s roundup is hosted by my great friend Ivy of Kopiaste. Make sure to check the roundup on Monday.
(38) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
June 22, 2012
March 28, 2012
August 06, 2008
June 15, 2011
May 05, 2011