It’s been a while since the last time I posted a dessert on this blog and that’s because I haven’t been eating many lately. With speedo season rapidly approaching I need to make sure to be in excellent shape to wear my new swimsuit, LOL. Yeah, call me vain, but if I don’t take care of myself, nobody else is going to, right? :-p
Anyway, I an finally starting to see mangoes up here in Ohio and I couldn’t resist to buy some on my last trip to the store. I used most of them for my breakfast bombas and fruit salads but I really wanted to use one to experiment with a new flan flavor. The result was the beautiful flan you see in these pictures.
- •1 14oz can condensed milk
- •1 16oz can evaporated milk
- •1 large mango (click here for a post on how to cut a mango)
- •4 oz cream cheese
- •1 TBSP vanilla extract
- •4 eggs
- •1/2 cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Slightly heat a 10" round baking pan and pour honey. Swirl the pan to cover sides and bottom with the honey.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour into the pan.
- Pour about 1" of water into a larger pan, 11 or 12", and put the smaller one into it (bain marie). Cover with foil aluminum paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Put the baking pan on a wire rack and let it cool for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmolding.
- To unmold, put a plate on top of the pan facing down and flip the pan over and slide it off.
- Flans are some of my favorite desserts to make because they are fast and easy to make and delicious treats. Mango and honey were a great combination for this one and I don’t think there’s anything I’d change.
I am sending this entry to the following events. Please click on the badges to learn more:
This week’s roundup is hosted by my great friend Ivy of Kopiaste. Make sure to check the roundup on Monday.