- What's Cooking, Mexico? - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Sweet and Spicy Scallop Tostadas
Posted By Ben On March 26, 2009 @ 12:06 pm In Main Dishes,Recipes | 13 Comments
Sweet and spicy scallop tostadas
Makes 8-10 tostadas
- 8-10 tostadas
- 1 lb scallops, cut in half
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle adobado peppers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small jicama
- 1 zucchini
- 6 asparagus
- 1/3 cup honey
- the juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stainless steel skillet saute onions in olive oil until caramelized. Add chipotle adobado peppers and garlic.
- Cut vegetables in bite size pieces and add to the skillet. When the vegetables start to get tendered, add scallops honey and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Let cook for 5-6 minutes stirring constantly to bring the flavors together.
- Spoon scallops over tostadas using a slotted serving spoon and enjoy.
- Next time I will prepare this dish with white wine or some light beer and serve it with avocado slices. Other than that the flavors came together very nicely and the combination of sweet and spicy gave the scallops a different twist.
Article printed from What's Cooking, Mexico?: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/03/26/sweet-and-spicy-scallop-tostadas/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.