Maybe you have noticed that most of the dinners I prepared are not too complicated. That’s because I try not to make dinner the biggest meal of the day (that would be breakfast right after my workout) and because I cook at least 2 meals almost everyday. As much as I love cooking I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. That’s why I am always in the lookout for easy and quick dinners.
This recipe is a very good example of this. I spent only about 10 minutes making the peanut butter bbq sauce. After that the chicken marinated for 5 hours in the fridge and baked for one hour while I did the things that I do when I am not cooking. That’s just the way I like my dinners.
Peanut butter bbq chicken
Makes 3 big servings
- 3 chicken legs (drumsticks and thigs)
- 4 TBSP peanut butter (the kinda that hasn’t been recalled, just to be safe)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 to 2 TBSP hot sauce (Tabasco or similar)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- other spices as desired
- In a small sauce pot mix peanut butter, vinegar, hot sauce and brown sugar and heat over medium-high heat. Stirr constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper and spices and put in a large container. Pour peanut butter sauce over it and spread evenly all around. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight works better.
- Put chicken in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 250°F (120°C) for approximately one hour.
- When cooked let it rest for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Print this recipe
- I don’t think there is anything I would change on this recipe. It is easy. It uses a very few ingredients available in almost every kitchen and it is very tasty. Just add more hot sauce if you’d like it hotter.
(18) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
March 01, 2011
May 09, 2007
March 16, 2009
January 30, 2012
July 21, 2011