[donotprint]Maybe you have noticed that most of the dinners I prepared are not too complicated. That’s because I try not to make dinner the biggest meal of the day (that would be breakfast right after my workout) and because I cook at least 2 meals almost everyday. As much as I love cooking I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. That’s why I am always in the lookout for easy and quick dinners.
This recipe is a very good example of this. I spent only about 10 minutes making the peanut butter bbq sauce. After that the chicken marinated for 5 hours in the fridge and baked for one hour while I did the things that I do when I am not cooking. That’s just the way I like my dinners.[/donotprint]
Peanut butter bbq chicken
Makes 3 big servings
- 3 chicken legs (drumsticks and thigs)
- 4 TBSP peanut butter (the kinda that hasn’t been recalled, just to be safe)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 to 2 TBSP hot sauce (Tabasco or similar)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- other spices as desired
- In a small sauce pot mix peanut butter, vinegar, hot sauce and brown sugar and heat over medium-high heat. Stirr constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper and spices and put in a large container. Pour peanut butter sauce over it and spread evenly all around. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight works better.
- Put chicken in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 250°F (120°C) for approximately one hour.
- When cooked let it rest for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
- I don’t think there is anything I would change on this recipe. It is easy. It uses a very few ingredients available in almost every kitchen and it is very tasty. Just add more hot sauce if you’d like it hotter.