- What's Cooking Mexico - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Chayote and poblano soup
Posted By Ben On January 16, 2009 @ 10:09 am In Soups and Salads | 27 Comments
Chayote and roasted poblano soup
Makes 4 servings
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 chayotes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large poblano pepper, roasted and cleaned (click here for a video on how to roast peppers)
- 1/2 onion
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- parsley flakes
- cream, green onions and queso fresco for garnish
Note: I don’t include the amounts for spices because they should be used according to taste.
- Clean chayotes (click here for a video on how to prepare chayotes) and boil them in chicken broth until tender.
- Blend chayotes, poblano pepper, onion and cilantro with about 1 cup of the chicken broth until smooth.
- Return to the pot with the rest of the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to slow, add seasoning and spices and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the soup thickens. Stir constantly.
- Serve and garnish with cream, green onions and queso fresco.
There you have it, a spicy soup that will bring you back to life in this freezing weather.
Article printed from What's Cooking Mexico: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/01/16/chayote-and-poblano-soup/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.