- Ben's blog - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Pomegranate meatballs and almond sauce
Posted By Ben On December 8, 2008 @ 11:29 am In Main Dishes,Salsas and Sauces | 30 Comments
Pomegranate meatballs with almond sauce
Makes 4-6 servings
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 pound ground meat (I always use ground turkey)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- cooking oil
- 1 cup almonds (blenched work better)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl mix meat, pomegranate seeds, eggs, cornmeal, parsley, onion, garlic, oregano, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste very well. Form 2″ (approx.) meatballs and fry until brown and thouroughly cooked, about 5-7 minutes each side. You may bake them, instead.
- Blend together almonds (I didn’t use blenched almonds that’s why the sauce in the picture is a little bit brown), cream cheese and milk until you get a smooth sauce. Pour in a medium pot and place on low heat. Stir constantly until it starts to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over a bed of cooked spaghetti al dente and garnish with pomegranate seeds and chives.
Article printed from Ben's blog: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/12/08/pomegranate-meatballs-and-almond-sauce/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.