One of the things that I like the most about food blogging is the products that companies send me to review. Until now I haven’t been disappointed by any of them and Buitoni pasta hasn’t been the exception. A couple of weeks ago I gave some feedback about their Buitoni Go Italian Event (if you are in or around NYC you need to check it out) and in return I received the necessary ingredients to prepare their Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Sauce recipe. I love pumpkin, as you might have already noticed, so I had to make this recipe:
- •1/2 cup dry white wine
- •1/4 cup chopped shallots
- •1 container (10 ounces) Buitoni refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- •1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- •1 TBSP chopped freshed sage or 1 tsp ground sage
- •2 packages (9 ounces each) Buitoni refrigerated four cheese ravioli
- •2 TBSP chopped green onion
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Cook wine and shallots in medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 TBSP.
- Stir in sauce, pumpkin and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir reserved pasta water into sauce. Toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onion. Season with ground black pepper.
Verdict: I had never had Buitoni products before and I am alredy a convert. I love pasta, ravioli and pumpkin, so this combination was perfect for me. For more recipes and tips, visit their website and be ready to enjoy a delicious dinner (or lunch).
I am sending this recipe to the following food events. Please click on the badges to know more about them:
(17) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
April 10, 2008
May 05, 2008
January 25, 2012
April 12, 2010
April 10, 2012