Don’t you love celebrations? I do, especially when they are to celebrate good friends’ achievements. My lovely and talented friend Kelly is celebrating that she has become a contributor for Blissfully Domestic (we all know she has the stuff) and that her blog has had 100,000 visitors. And how are we going to celebrate? With a virtual food party, of course. But that’s not all. For every comment you leave on Kelly’s delicious blog she will enter your name to be randomly drawn to receive Gordon Ramsay’s new cookbook, Three Star Chef.
Fun, isn’t it? But wait, it is not that easy. You must bring something to the party to be able to participate. Something, as Kelly puts it, “luscious that would have Gordon die for. Something that will bowl him over. Send him swooning to tastebud heaven. You know, something he wouldn’t yell at you about.”
That is a hard one. I don’t think there’s anything on this world that would f—— stop him from yelling and cursing at f—— stupid people. That’s just part of his f—— charm, right? Right. So without any more ado I am bringing this snack to Kelly’s party risking being yelled at and insulted by that f—— amazing s—face chef.
- •12 corn tortillas
- •2 cups drained pinto beans
- •1 small onion (red onion works best), chopped
- •1 jalapeno pepper, deveined and minced
- •2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- •1 lime
- •salt and pepper
- •extra virgin olive oil
- •diced tomatoes (optional)
- •1 avocado, cubed
- •Cut tortillas edges to make them smaller so they fit in cupcake pans like in the picture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F or until they are hard and crispy.
- •MIx beans, onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and tomatoes (optional) in a large bowl and season to taste. Sprinkle olive oil on top.
- •Spoon the bean salsa into the tortilla cups and garnish with cubed avocado.
That’s it. A simple and delicious recipe perfect for parties and get-togethers. Just a quick note, don’t discard the edges you cut from the tortillas, save them for something else. I will show tomorrow what I did with mine.
¡Buen provecho and congratulations Kelly!
(24) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
June 10, 2009
May 19, 2008
August 20, 2008
October 10, 2008
February 20, 2008