- What's Cooking Mexico - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Salad: The humble nopal
Posted By Ben On March 19, 2008 @ 10:52 am In Featured Ingredient,Soups and Salads | 15 Comments
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 large nopal pads
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, cubed
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deveind and chopped (optional for hotness)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- juice of one lime
- Clean nopales with a peeler or a small paring knife. Make sure to remove all the thorns and nods paying special attention to the edges of the pads.
- Cut in bite size pieces and boil with onion for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Add salt to taste. Drain.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients in a salad bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- Serve with your favorite dinner and enjoy.
This salad is easy to make, delicious and very healthy. Who said salads had to be boring?
Article printed from What's Cooking Mexico: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/03/19/salad-the-humble-nopal/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.