I have been busy working on my blogs’ designs (the three of them) and new sections and features as I haven’t been cooking much recently. That’s why I went through some old pictures looking for something to post today. I found several pictures that I need to edit and blog about (write the recipes). I decided to start with something easy for today’s featured recipe, a mustard grilled chicken that brings so many warm memories from when I was a little boy.
I like mustard a lot in sandwiches and sometimes in salad dressings, but my favorite way to use it is on grilled chicken. My aunt Rosita used to make this dish quite often. She was a busy woman and didn’t have much time to cook, so now when I make this quick, easy and delicious dinner, I always remember her dearly.
- •4 chicken breast fillets
- •4 TBSP mustard (Dijon mustard works better)
- •1 lime
- •salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix mustard, the juice of the lime, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- With a pastry brush spread the paste over chicken breast and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Overnight works better.
- Cook chicken breasts over a grill or a heavy skillet with just a little olive oil for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
I usually serve this dish with Mexican rice and a salad. The salad from the pictures is a variation of my Apple Madness Salad made with the Tupperware Quickchef.
The ingredients I used for this salad are:
- 2 Ohio red apples
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- ¼ white onion
- 3 TBS apple cedar vinegar
This is one of my comfort foods since it doesn’t require much time or preparation. It is perfect for those days when I really don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen. I hope you find it as delicious as I always have.